The Medical Journal of Al-Qodiri is a scientific peer-reviewed journal of nursing and midwifery. This statement of publication ethics and malpractice clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing articles in this journal, including the editorial board, editors, authors, peer reviewers and the publisher of Stikes Bhakti Al Qodiri. This statement is based on the COPE practice guidelines for journal editors.
This ethical statement of scientific publication is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the process of publishing this scientific journal, namely the manager, editor, peer reviewer, and author. The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications basically upholds three ethical value in publications; namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, namely granting authorship rights to those entitled to become authors; and (iii) Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
After you finish reading the Ethics of Scientific Publications, please download the Statement of Ethics and Copyright Agreement. Please sign and submit a Statement of Ethics as part of your initial article submission. The Copyright Agreement must be submitted before the article can be published. The Statement of Ethics and Copyright Agreement can be sent by post, email or fax.
Journal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and application for accreditation if needed.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties to a contract
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright
- Conduct a review of the journal's policy and submit it to the authors/authors, the editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
- Create guidelines for rules and ethics of conduct for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a collaborative network of research institutes and related institutions
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editors Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers, seeking to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing scientific papers, while the content and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author.
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, review partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Conduct periodic internal evaluations of the quality of scientific journals
- Support the author's initiative on publication ethics by including a clearance form in every manuscript submission.
- Open-minded to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions for the advancement of science,
- Avoiding objective decisions by not defending their own opinions, authors or third parties by seeking solutions that are scientifically justifiable,
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to their writings until they are worthy of publications.
Bestari Partner Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing written works and submitting the results of the study to the editor as material for determining the feasibility of written work to be published
- The reviewer does not conduct a scientific study of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly
- Provide suggestions, input and positive recommendations on scientific writing manuscripts
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations on a manuscript,
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to written works,
- Reviewing the written work that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards,
- The written work is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.) that have been determined.
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors have met the criteria as authors
- Collectively responsible for the work and the content of the article includes methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the study.
- Respond to comments made by peer reviewers and the editorial board in a scientifically professional manner and in a timely manner.
- Inform the editor in writing if he withdraws his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original and has not been published anywhere and in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.